Program Manager Job Description
We are looking for an energetic programme manager with automotive experience to join Oxbotica and lead our growing portfolio of driverless car projects. We need experienced automotive engineering professionals to help accelerate the impact of our work and be responsible for integrating our Selenium autonomous control system into multiple vehicle platforms.
We are looking for experienced individuals who understand what it takes to manage complex multi-stakeholder projects with a high degree of customer facing visibility. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be proficient at dealing with suppliers – and customers – to ensure that their parts of our various projects are delivered on time and to meet pre-agreed acceptance criteria. It is crucial that you are able to work to tight deadlines and understand the vital importance of regular demonstrations to sponsors and potential exploiters. Ideally you will experience of managing delivery of systems and solutions in a transportation environment.
As a member of our fast-paced team, you will have the opportunity to work with world-class experts in the field of robotics and machine learning. You will be responsible both for developing the latest research into real systems, and tailoring and supporting solutions for customers from our current suite of competencies. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s premier start-ups focusing on an amazing, fast moving area of technology. We are looking for people who can come and make a contribution to the company, our culture, the science and our customers.
Interested? Take a look at our website and drop us a line along with your CV and some thoughts about how you can make a difference: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portfolio management for all Oxbotica projects – core and customer facing
- Represent Oxbotica in Driverless Car consortia meetings
- Ensure that Oxbotica deliverables to our customers are met on time to required standard
- Resource planning across projects
- Project co-ordination lead in customer facing projects
- Develop methodologies to assess acceptance criteria for deliverables from third parties
- Management of project interfaces to external third parties
- Status tracking of deliverables to/from Oxbotica and reporting
- Development of quality metrics for each project
- Development of requirements management and traceability approach
- Maintenance of testing methodologies
- Maintain action plans for projects
- Monitor financial achievement of projects, tracking revenue recognition and ensuring appropriate invoicing takes place
- Supporting ambitious field trials and data collection exercises in outdoor settings. This involves travel to test sites and industrial partners.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Degree in engineering, physics, computer science or related subject
- Strong communication skills
- Project management experience of working with both customers and suppliers
- Real-time electronic systems integration experience gained in automotive environment
- Real-world experience of managing complex projects, ideally in automotive product development
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience with mobile robotics especially autonomy, computer vision, laser data processing, machine learning and/or motion planning
- Developing and integrating distributed or embedded systems
- Experience of implementing ADAS-type systems
Interested? Please apply by telling us how you’d fit, plus a bit about your background & experience and why we would be nuts not to hire you: email@example.com