Business Development Leader Job Description
Our business model is to work with customers to help them access and integrate our Intellectual Property into their own products. We are looking for an energetic Business Development Leader – ideally with automotive experience – to help us accelerate the commercial deployment of some of the most desirable autonomy technology on the planet to our customers, and help them integrate this tech into their own products.
We are looking for experienced individuals who understand what it takes to engage positively with customers and who can communicate using their language. We need you to be willing to prospect for new customers, to explain our technology and operating model and to guide them through our engagement process.
- Identify and leading new business opportunities whilst continuing to develop relationships with existing customers & consortia partners.
- Expanding existing customer projects into further phases of engagement towards volume deployment.
- Identifying customers and users of existing funded projects to ensure that our investments here have a channel to market.
- Identifying and developing sales channels to market Oxbotica’s diverse IP Portfolio
- Generating customer proposals with support from our technical team
- Writing outstanding funding proposals for grants and projects
- Communicating new product opportunities to prospective clients
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Degree in engineering, physics, computer science or related technology subject
- Skilled negotiator, who is commercially astute, highly motivated and has first class presentation skills and personal gravitas.
- Ability to get on with people at all levels and influence them
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques
- Exceptional track record in winning new business from scratch
- Experience with mobile robotics especially autonomy, computer vision, laser data processing, machine learning and motion planning
- Automotive industry experience
- Previous experience of winning Innovate UK – or similar – funded programmes
- Project management experience of working with both customers and suppliers