Autonomous Vehicle Electrical/Electronic Engineer Job Description
We are looking for an energetic engineer with practical automotive electrical and electronics experience to support our vehicle integration work and the deployment of our technology into multiple vehicle platforms – which range from pods to forklifts to cars to trucks and more. We are looking for experienced individuals who understand what it takes to integrate electrical/electronic vehicle sub-systems together and validate their performance. It would also be desirable that in this role, workshop management could be supported.
- Lead the design and testing of electrical/electronic subsystems for a range of autonomous platforms across multiple domains.
- To work closely with our development and applications team to understand interface requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that electronic/electrical subsystems from our diverse partners meet our exacting requirements.
- Specification, design, selection, and testing of vehicle electrical schematics, harnesses, and electronic systems and associated components.
- Manufacturing prototype harnesses
- Interaction with suppliers of electrical and electronic components
- Supporting ambitious field trials and data collection exercises in outdoor settings. This involves travel to test sites and industrial partners.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Automotive Engineering, or similar
- Working experience with vehicle CANbus networks (design / specification / debugging)
- Proficient in use of CAD for schematic, harness and circuit board design
- Experience working with electric vehicles
- Rapid prototyping experience particularly using CAN-based ECU hardware and actuators in real-time systems.
- Real-time electronic & electrical systems integration experience in an automotive environment
- Embedded software (C++ / Matlab / Simulink / Arduino)
- Responsibility for managing all aspects and daily activities within the workshop
- Maintenance of workshop facilities to ensure their effective operation
- Experience within automotive and / or robotics industry
- Experience working in a workshop environment, and familiar with risk assessment and safety case
Interested? Please apply by telling us how you’d fit, plus a bit about your background & experience and why we would be nuts not to hire you: email@example.com